He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miss you already

Mom’s moving next month.   Back to Cali.  I am sure she has wondered why I don’t seem to care.  I wondered why I was handling it all so well actually.  But I can feel it coming.  I just keeping pushing the thought aside.  Filling my head with thoughts of the shoreline 10 minutes from her new house.  Reminding myself that she needs to be where my dad is.  If I slow the craziness that is my life, I am sure the emotions will start seeping through the cracks and eventually…   the dam will break.   Damn dam. 

So, to my mom.   I will miss you more now than I have ever in my life.  Your home has been a refuge on countless occasions, your shoulder already heavy laden, has always an open invitation, your dinner table always equipped for extra settings, your candy cupboards always full, and I will miss you terribly. 

That being said.  I know you’re not dying, and we will see you later this summer.  But I will miss you. 

IMG_2820

5 comments:

  1. OK you are going to make me cry! sniff sniff.

    BTW I LOVE your mom's hair cut that way, tooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, smokin' hot Mom! Good genes, girl.

    And yeah, damn dam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see I'm not the only one who LOVES your mom's hair.

    If you are in SoCal this summer, you MUST let me know. I will come to where ever you are. (As long it isn't the middle of July, when I will be going to where Andrea is.)I, for one, am giddy that your parents will be in Cali again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me, not Justin. He signs in when I least expect it...Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already don't live by mom and dang that makes me miss her even more than I already do. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom and dang cute for that matter. LOVE, Love, love...the hair!

    ReplyDelete