He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekend recap

  • Baseboards and closet doors installed, after 2 years yeah!
  • I had to do the walk through to see if it was done well enough, and I suck at that, so they aren’t right.  Grrr.
  • Rained out camping trip with our friends the Hardy's and Allen's.  Darn.
  • Had a pool party and BBQ instead with them and it was awesome.
  • Made a few too many trips to the bathroom with an upset stomach. 
  • Lost 2 pounds, yee haw!
  • Spent an afternoon reorganizing the toy room after caulking and painting baseboards. 
  • Kids spent hours in it since it’s ‘new’.   A kid kitchen is a delight after being moved to the opposite side of the toy room. 
  • Spent 2 hours in the kitchen making fried chicken, gravy, biscuits and potatoes.  (I hardly make real meals,  mostly semi homemade) 
  • Heard comments like…   This isn’t cooked all the way.   Can I have ketchup?  Ew, I only want a biscuit.  You have to try it before you get ketchup.  Mom?  What is ketchup?  Oh yeah, the red stuff. 

More for me then.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love 3 day weekends? It was so fun to hang out with you and the Allens Saturday. We want more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your feeling better. It sounds like you did alot this weekend,including losing weight. How do you manage it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy and fun filled weekend! Tanner eats ketchup on everything! It is a household staple at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy weekend! And productive. I want to see some before and after pictures of the toy room! :-)

    ReplyDelete