We are nearing 3 weeks without a warning. I actually hold my breath each day as we walk back to the car and I ask how his day was… Jayce’s teacher has a behavioral system in place where each day that a child doesn’t receive a warning (for turning around, hitting, talking out of turn etc…) they get a sticker on their weekly chart. This year Jayce has had 4 different weeks when he has gotten all 5 stickers each week. But never more than a week in a row.
So as we are nearly to the end of the third sticker riddled week, I have to reflect back to the past 2 years… Principles office for punching contests with a friend, sand throwing, temper flaring, and making sure a classmate gets what's coming to him when he breaks the rules and isn’t caught by the teacher.
A common phrase in our home, when one of us is tattling or butting in, is “Worry about yourself”. Jayce is catching on. I am so proud of him and his improvements. He is a joy to have in our home. Love you buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment