Last weekend was our families first time participating in the ward’s fathers and sons camping trip. My boys were thrilled and apparently had a grand time. No pictures, I forgot to send him with a camera.
Lainy and I didn’t quite know what to do with the silence. As soon as the boys walked out the door we turned slowly, like in the movies and looked at each other.
We reviewed the trailers to several children- themed movies and Lainy decided on Disney’s Earth.

SO COOL.
Since a 4 year old can’t whisper, every comment made was at full volume. Lots of ooo’s and aaaah’s and a few squeals and panicked squeaks. We loved it.
We came home and started in on our make-up.
She did very well, with the eye shadow, and then blush and even the blending…
She decided her nose was too bare and shadowed it brown. I drew the whiskers since we were on the brink of character make up anyhow.
We painted toes and fingers, and watched Happy Feet until we fell asleep in my bed. Grammy and Poppy invited us to breakfast the next morning. We were thrilled. And then stuffed. I loved spending 24 straight hours with my little girl. Love you Pretty!
yeah your first mother daughter date while the boys went to father sons. Julia, your growing up.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. Makes me excited to become a mom of a little girl. Glad you both enjoyed the evening/day!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited. Keith is taking Cooper up to the Winslow Father's and Sons. This gives me something to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteDang it, Jules! Seeing that photo of you sitting next to your mom makes me miss you even more! I heard a rumor that your parents are going to be Californians once again, and I can't say I'm sad about that. Maybe I'll actually get to see you someday, now!
ReplyDeleteShe'll remember this forever!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun, fun mommy daughter date! You girls are so cute. :-)
ReplyDelete