
My sweet friend asked me last week how I did it. Keep my house clean (ha ha), raise my kids, support a husband in school, and work 20-30 hours a week. The truth is… I don’t. I can’t do it all. Especially not at the same time. My days are like taking a handful of balls and throw them all up in the air at the same time and then trying to catch them. Sometimes you catch one, and all the others fall. Once in a blue moon, you catch the majority of them and feel pretty good about yourself. Today I caught one ball. Two women walked out of the salon with their hair looking better than when they walked in. It’s something right?
- I dropped the parenting ball when my kids dumped all the macadamia nuts in the boys room, stripped all bedding off beds so they had a better jumping arena, dumped water all over the couch and jumped on it, played mermaids in the bathroom and made a real ‘ocean’, finally one fell asleep on my bed, and then peed on it.
- I dropped the wife ball when I didn’t call my husband all day because I didn’t have the energy to support him and tell him to study hard, because I knew I just wanted to tell him to come home.
- I dropped the cooking ball when I fed my kids coco puffs for breakfast, cheerios for lunch and Mac and cheese for dinner.
- And well, the clean ball was never even reached for.
I know I know, Wo is me.
Sounds like a good episode of a sitcom. Sorry it's your reality. One for the books...later.
ReplyDeleteyour doing a great job and dropping balls is just apart of motherhood. You let me know if you figure out how to catch them all.
ReplyDeleteJules, don't sweat it. Your day sounds eerily similar to my own, except that my third child is causing trouble on the inside.
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't possibly be a bad wife or mother. It's just not in you. You are doing great! As my mom always tells me, these are the years in the life of our families when we're in the trenches, on the front lines, and we do what we can to survive!