He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tree of Thanks

Last Thanksgiving I cut out a tree from cardboard and a handful of leaves and for family night we sat and wrote each thing we were thankful for on the leaves and it stayed up for a few weeks.   This year I found this tree at Michaels and bought a leaf punch and put it up when Autumn began.   I wanted to remember to be thankful a lot longer than just one night.  So, I hung a bag of leaves and a marker next to the tree and welcome anyone who enters my home to fill a leaf on my tree with what they are grateful for.  This was the first day we hung it, and it has slowly been riddled with words of thanks by many.  I hope to have a beautiful fall tree by Thanksgiving Day!

IMG_3913

5 comments:

  1. I think I should copy! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Lu!! With as many people that walk through your house, you should have a full tree in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! It is such a wonderful time to be thankful and be reminded of our blessings!

    ReplyDelete