He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The hills are alive

It wasn’t too long ago that I realized none of my kids knew what I was singing when I burst into song by Fraulein Maria.  Today we sat through The Sound of Music together.  I was singing at the top of my lungs, lost in so many moments.  My kids didn't seem to care.  They were thrilled that they knew the Do Re Mi song from music class.  I LOVE musicals.  My husband dislikes them just as much.  Grrr.  I want my kids to crave music.  To feel its power.  They all loved it!  Next stop…   My Fair Lady!

8 comments:

  1. I love this movie! Good for you, sharing it with your kids. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary often bursts into, Doh a deer...! That there how musically inclined I am, how to spell doh? I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing thinking about lines from My Fair Lady! Can't wait to have my kids watch it. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Fair Lady is a perfect next step after the Sound of Music. I make my kids watch The King and I. Greer likes it. Declan sneaks away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the movie and the soundtrack, not big fans or anything! Good for you for bursting into song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dolly is my absolute fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it too, but my kids..not so much. My girls took to it a little, but I think it's too low key for what they are used to watching now. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then on to Unsinkable Molly Brown!! lol

    ReplyDelete