He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, November 15, 2010

It’s in the fine print

So I bought some new clippers. 

Aren’t they pretty?  They sound like a jet engine when you turn them on.  And they are awesome.  I could shear a sheep with these babies.   So today I was looking through the warranty info and reading the fine print. 

This warranty does not cover normal wear of parts or damage, resulting from any of the following…  (it goes on to list)  …Further, the warranty does not cover: Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes, and tornadoes. 

It doesn’t cover Acts of God!  I shouldn’t be surprised that God was mentioned here, but I was.  It could’ve said, the warranty doesn’t cover natural disasters, a phenomenon, a supernatural event, freak accident, or aliens taking over planet earth.    Thank you Oster for this small print truth. 

 

3 comments:

  1. those are so pretty! Isn't great when people aren't afraid to say things without worring about affending someone. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post-apocalyptic lawsuits are no joke, Julia.

    (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need new clippers.....Oster it will be!

    ReplyDelete