I almost never write about Jason. He’s such a private person. Maybe I don’t out of respect for his privacy…
NAH.
Several years ago I asked a marriage counselor a simple question. It wasn’t phrased so much as a question as it was a slur of words spit out in exasperation.
“Why can’t we just have a normal marriage, like everyone else??”
He laughed. That counselor laughed. A good hearty laugh. He of all people would know. No normal marriage is what it seems.
We both have taken our turn, well… turning things upside down. We started messing things up when we first got married, and continued on doing so now for nearly 10 years. We just figured out there will always be things to mess up, things with which to make mistakes, things that need fixing. Thaaaat’s the part we’re getting good at. The fixing. We know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and how to avoid doing it. We have traveled (tripped/stumbled) down the road of sorrow. And then headed back on the path to forgiveness. We still have a long journey ahead. BUT…
We have never laughed so loudly, smiled so broadly, loved so deeply, as we do now in our 10th year together. He is my friend. My companion. My love.
You two are awesome! Congrats for making it this far. I will be honest and tell you
ReplyDeletethat you are not normal, but that's why I like
you. Normal sucks!
Yeah for ten years, the good, bad and crazy! Cute picture!
ReplyDeleteNormal? I agree with your conselor, normal is the same as that green grass on the other side of the fence. What you have is YOURS, I think you guys are great, congrats!
ReplyDelete