In an effort to re-boost my desire to keep blogging, I have decided to use a little book of “reminders for Latter Day Saints” as a guide for idea starters. Todays reminder is:
Share your hymnbook with the person next to you.
When I was young, singing along with the hymns in church was mandatory. We are not a musical family by any stretch, but I do believe singing in church is a form of worship, and I need all the help I can get. As a youth I remember my dad’s rendition of well… any song we sang. He was forever ‘forgetting’ where we were in the song and would (along with the correct tune) sing something like “ IIIII don’t knowww where we aaaare. Thiiiiis song is realllllly looooong.” To which we would respond with either a burst of giggles (as smaller children) or an eye roll as we got into our teens.
Today I love singing the hymns. A few years ago I joined in with the church choir. I figured I could be one of the filler voices. I could read music and learned how to harmonize. I love to sing and just as my mother did, once my kids can read, they can and will sing the hymns.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Hymnnnnn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have a truly lovely voice! I loved singing by you! We sure miss you!
ReplyDelete