Jason and I are celebrating 8 years of marriage next week, and it will be filled with laughter. No, not because of the disbelief that we made it, but because Jason got us tickets to see Brian Regan! I am thrilled for several reasons. One, I think the guy is hilarious. Two, a very much needed date night. And Three, possibly the most important and best part, is that Jason remembered and planned something.
Jason isn't a romantic. He sometimes fumbles over expressing his feelings, and if I'm being honest, sometimes when he means to say something nice, it comes out sounding not so complimentary. I have come to love those moments. But here's what I have learned in the 8 years since we wed...
- There's no faking. If he tells me I look good, I know I look good.
- When I need him, he is there. Period.
- He can't sleep without snuggling, until he starts twitching, then I'm done.
- His laugh is infectious.
- The man is a machine when it comes to work.
- While on the topic of machines, he works out daily and it pays off. Ü
- He knows the scriptures and loves the gospel.
- He is worthy the take me through the temple.
- He is quick to forgive, but never expects me to forgive quickly of him.
- He's a thinker. It took me a few years to figure out that his silence often just means he hasn't come up with the best answer yet. As much as I spout off as soon as I have a response to something, he takes the time to stop and reflect on what should be done or said. (This is not me saying he is always right, but sometimes he is!)
Thank you Jason for these 8 crazy years together. I love you.
awww, your pics are adorable! Are you going with us?? We are going next weekend, to Brian Regan. Happy Aniverasary!!
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures. Congratulations to both of you on 8 years and to Jason for remembering and planning! Very nice. Enjoy the show. We love Brian Regan!!
ReplyDeleteSniff sniff. Beautiful couple!
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful...the pics, the words..
ReplyDelete