Jayce started (and has already ended) his first basketball season this year. I have sat through countless baseball games and a couple of soccer games cheering him on as part of my motherly duties. But basketball… I know I will be that mom who gets removed from the gymnasium for disorderly… yelling. It’s my sport. I understand it. I love it. So, when Jayce’s coach asked if I wanted to scrimmage coaches against the whole team of 11 kids, I was thrilled.
You know when you were a kid, (or an adult) and you hear the cool nicknames people end up with? And you wish you had one? Yeah, that was me, with a name like Julia I thought for sure I was exempt and would never receive one (I did, but that’s another blog post). So, that day while running around the court with little people, I had the ball and was dribbling past Jayce, when he said, “Hey, Big Momma!”
IT STUCK.
All three of my kids call me Big Momma on a regular basis! I am doomed to be known as Big Momma for the rest of my life!
And this morning when Jayce was asking why Jared (who is barely 4) has bigger feet than Braydon (who is 5) I explained that both he and Jared have bigger feet that most kids his age. And then my downfall, I asked him did he know why? He turned around in that chair and said,
“Cuz you’re Big Momma?”
oh you should never have told me. Very funny blog "big momma"
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Katy's nickname is "little mama". I'm not sure I would take to being called "big momma". Can't wait for the post on your other name!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious Lu!
ReplyDelete