He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, October 22, 2010

Whoosh! Was that time flying by?

Last month I was outside and caught Lainy flying past me on her bike to the driveway, she smiled as she turned her bike to the side and skidded flawlessly to a stop.  I walked over and took the training wheels off.  She just took off again.

IMG_5892

This week Jared followed suit.  It’s been 3 days and he’s already trying to stand while riding and doing ‘poppawheelies’

IMG_5894

This year I have no children in diapers, (even at night!) all children at school at some point or another during the week, all children in primary, no children who cry when I leave the house, all children who ride bikes with no training wheels, and all children who have grown to love being together. 

I am sad some moments…   then I go back to reading my book in quiet while they are all keeping themselves occupied on their own!

2 comments:

  1. Whitley says you need to have another so the Laurels can have a baby too. That sounds reasonable enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovin the word ‘poppawheelies’

    ReplyDelete