He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My friend Monica

There is probably an episode of ‘Friends’ that I can associate to nearly everything in my life.  I completely relate with Monica on so many levels.  But mostly, it’s her loudness, and her love of organizing. 

Finishing up dinner tonight I was doing dishes, cleaning pots and pans, packing extra food away and finally wiping down counters.  It hit me how much I love watching a kitchen transform from crazy food mess to sparkling clean. 

On to the friends episode.  I LOVE and totally indentify with the one where Chandler cleans Monica’s kitchen and rearranges everything, and instead of freaking out that everything has been moved she thanks him for such a wonderful gift as letting her put everything back. 

***Note to my children/spouse if they happen to read this and get any ideas…  If you mess up the house and say Happy Birthday, your busted. 

1 comment: