He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I got off at the wrong stop…

I am ready for the city life again.  Oversized scorpions and tonight a snake in the garage.  Eck.   Give me an HOA, a 12x12 patch of grass, and a cookie cutter house, and stamp me happy. 

Ok, maybe I got ahead of myself there.  I have realized in my 5 years of stumbling upon creatures from the very depths of hell, dusting in vain, and spending ridiculous amounts in gas each month, that I don’t want to live in the city.  Or even the suburbs.  I like this quiet out here.  I like that my kids can hop on their bikes and have plenty of space without traffic.  I love the peace.  I just don’t want all of that here.  Too hot.  Too dusty. Too brown. Too many creepy crawlers.  But, I’ll take it with a smile if that’s where I’m meant to be…  

Anyone heard of this site?  It’s so fun!  You answer a bunch of questions about what kind of place you want to live in and it gives you the top 24 cities that match!  Weirdly mine are in Washington, Kansas, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan, Iowa, Colorado, Ohio, and Nebraska.  Where is your ideal location?

2 comments:

  1. a snake? yikers!

    ok so funny you didn't get any AZ on your top cities. I had 4 AZ places with Scotsdale being my #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so perfect for me cuz I have been begging Glade to move me somewhere. I had several in Alaska...hmmmm...maybe not that far! You'll do great wherever you go, you're just that kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete