He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, May 23, 2008

Back to the Beach

We thought it would be logical to leave at 9 PM Thursday night and have a nice peaceful drive while the children slept. The theory was good. 2 hours in I got really sleepy. And before I could mention that to Jason, I noticed his eyes were getting a little glassy. It's times like these when you are forced to conversate or die, that you have the most interesting conversations. We talked until 1:30 AM and pulled over to sleep.


We spent the whole day Friday at Jess and Christina's. We all went to breakfast and went swimming in a heated swimming pool. I didn't even care that I had just spend 30 minutes doing my hair and makeup! It was a heated pool!!





Later that day we headed out to McGrath state beach to set up camp. Yes, we went tent camping. I can safely say that will not happen again anytime in the near future. Our good friends the Kayci and Shannon and thier kids came with us camping. We love them.




We all walked down to the beach the next morning about 8 am to check out the beach and see how long a walk it would be with all of our 'gear' because gone are the days of grabbing a towel and a bag of Doritos and heading out. I am estimating that it was about a mile walk through stick ridden sand down to the shore. By the time we actually arrived to the shore, the kids were muttering about how much they hated the beach. Needless to say we got in the car and drove to another beach the days following.





We met up with Scottie and old friend of mine while we were there and my dear friend from high school Alaina. Lainy's namesake. It was good to see thier faces again.




All in all the kids had a grand time, Jayce was the only one who got burned pretty bad. It's a week later and it's still pretty bad. Poor little white boy. I have to say, it is nice to be tan again. We did see something I had never seen at beach in all the hundreds of times I was there as a kid. Jellyfish! There were a couple of them that had washed up on the shore.






It's good to be home. I didn't realize what a beautiful place I grew up in until this trip. I don't think I will even get the chance to live there again, not even sure if I would want to, but it was nice to visit for a while.


4 comments:

  1. I know I have told you before, but I am so jealous. I miss the beach so much. Looks like you had fun and your swim suit looks darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have realized, too, how lucky I was to grow up where we did. I will always heart CA! Looks like you and your kiddos had fun @ the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to my beach next time!!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun. I have yet to brave tent camping with kids so hats off to you...I got your message the other day and I am sorry I haven't had a chance to call back. This day is crazy... I will call tomorrow... I think I know what it is about...

    ReplyDelete