I thought it was time to vocalize my thoughts on my job as a hair dresser. I know my job includes so much vanity and is purly a voluntary non-necessity. But I love it. It has never been something I aspired to be, it kindof fell in my lap. I needed some schooling under my belt before a kid came along.
The best part of it all, is the blessings of friendship that came with it. Doing someone's hair for 2 hours gives you a lot of talk time. (I know a lot about a lot of people) I have met some really amazing (and interesting) people just because they needed to spice things up in the hair dept.
And all of this is done in the comfort of my own home. My grandma did hair in her back room when my dad was a kid. She was a single mom and did it for survival. I never dreamt that would be me someday. Although I don't do it for survival, it does come in handy when you need some extra dough. And when you are getting ready for church and realize your kids look like shag rugs.
As simple a profession that it is, I know it is something I am supposed to be doing, and there are open doors that exist in my life that would not have otherwise and life changing friendships.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Dye job
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
boy I am so glad you do it, and my girls are too. I had fun chatting with you today and my girls hair looks great. Jessika's looks sooooo much better, thanks for your friendship and your talent.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could live near you so you could do my hair. Actually I would just settle for living near you. You wouldn't even have to do my hair. I'd be happy just hanging out.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing hair dresser! I remember when I would come over and I would say ok do whatever you want, and I know you lovd it because you got to experiment with my hair haha. I miss having short cute hair! I can't wait to come home!
ReplyDelete