He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Got Milk?




If you are anything like my family you just can't envision a year without milk right? I have been stumped by the dillemma of how to stock a year supply of milk. I just can't bring myself to buy a year's worth of the powdered stuff. Gag.
Lo and Behold I think I have found something. Well, I hould say I have been introduced to something. Gossner milk. My sister in Logan had mentioned the local dairy up there called Gossner foods. And I didn't think twice about it. A week or so later as I was praying for help with my food storage and for ideas and the gift of organization etc... I ran into a friend of mine who is a distributer for the stuff!! I should explain what it is, for those of you who are not familiar. It is milk that has been put through a special heating process and packaged in a way that has a room temp shelf life of 1-2 years!!
I ordered about a 3 month supply. (white milk, chocolate, strawberry and root beer flavors. I know, but it's delish!) So, my kids tried it for the first time yesterday... I have to put it up high so they don't get into it all day!! It's fantastic. Just google it if you want more info!

8 comments:

  1. Rootbeer flaver????? Not sure about that one, but maybe I will pick me up some when I am up there in July. Thanks for the tip I hate powdered milk too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that Coscto sells little individual boxes of chocolate milk? Sounds the same, just sits on the shelf. I have been stocking up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am going to check out the Costco thing too.
    Thanks Laurie, Thanks Laurie, Thanks Laurie.
    Sorry I couldn't resist. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia! It's Elise- Jensa's lil' sis! How the heck are you!I saw your link on Jensa's blog and I must say you have a VERY adrorable little family! Stop by sometime...
    www.themckellars.blogspot.com Say hello to your sisters (and family) for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Julia, I have no idea how that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it expensive? I totally need to get some next time I'm in Logan!

    ReplyDelete