He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Red white and blessings of Blue


Tonight we were snuggled in the couch reading a couple of new books a sweet client had brought for my kids, and Jayce was reading to Lainy. Out of my 5 year olds mouth came this:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Now I know they say the pledge everyday at school, but I cannot put words to how impressed and grateful I am to his teachers for teaching Jayce something more about our country. Patriotism is something many people fall short of in this country, and I want my children to know how truly blessed they are to have born into freedom. I have always enjoyed seeing the colors of our flag, but I have come to love and admire what it stands for and the sacrifices that have been made in it's behalf. Now I know many things are array in this beloved country of ours these days, but truly we should express gratitude to the Lord for the blessing it is to raise a family and live in this great country.


4 comments:

  1. Jayce has an amazing memory!! I don't think I ever memorized that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by two things. The Preamble to the Constitution being memorized is great, but those costumes are AWESOME!! I love the star! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yenn! I actually made those last year. (with moms help!) but I was so happy with how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete