They are a select few. They remain consistent. I would like very much become one of them. I speak of those who readily volunteer their thoughts in Gospel Doctrine each Sunday afternoon. I have a steady stream of my own thoughts but each time I resolve to make them known, my arms turn to solid concrete. Then someone else makes their point and I inwardly kick myself because my line of thought was so much more relevant. (ha ha) Someday.
And while on the subject, something that has become somewhat of a Sunday annoyance. When a teacher asks a room full of adults ‘who might volunteer for an opening or closing prayer?’ Not a hand is raised. Of course until someone from the group steps in. I leaned over to Jason and mentioned, no vowed to always stick my concrete hand up and never allow prayer to become a burden again. Hey, maybe it will catch on and instead become a race.
That's funny, I have the exact opposite goals. I decided to keep my thoughts to myself and not be the one to pray every other week. (give someone else the opportunity!)
ReplyDeleteI hate the prayer thing. Good for you!!
ReplyDelete