He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, January 18, 2010

Wishing and hoping

My sweet little sister made me a wishing star box as part of my (very creative) Christmas present this year.  I used it.  It works!  Let me start way back nine years ago when my gift receiving shanagins began. 

Jason as sweet as he is, is scarily far from being a romantic.  Over the years, I have heard such things on Mother’s Day as “Oh. well. I didn’t know what to get so I just didn't get anything.”  Or on my birthday… “Sooo, you should go pick something out for your birthday.”  Oh he has made progress over the years, take this last Christmas for example.  He sauntered into the kitchen on Christmas Day (mind you, I reminded him several times in the weeks following that we had a $20 budget for one another)  he put his arms around me sweetly from behind, and whispered in my ear, “Your present is in the office.”  I spun around with delight plastered squarely on my face. Could it be? Then he continued his sentence… “It’s pulled up on the computer screen.  It’ll be here in a couple of weeks.”  Really?  REALLY?  Being that he bought me pearls helped the sting of forgetting to get me something until Christmas Day.  So, like I said.  Improvement. 

Back to my wishing star.  It’s a little yellow box shaped like a star and it is filled with teeny tiny slips of paper.  I stuck a wish in it last week, and it materialized right on my desk! The man checked the wishing star!  How many leaps and  bounds does that count for?   A LOT in my book! 

P.S.- Love BBW’s new ‘p.s. I love you’ collection…

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'll count myself lucky. Maybe i need a wishing box. I can't decide on that line of smells, sometimes I think "good" sometimes not. I agree, what was it??

    ReplyDelete