He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Run

Mile 1  Adrenaline

Mile 2 Exhilaration

Mile 3 Setting a pace

Mile 4 Getting winded

Mile 5 Reality sets in

Mile 6 Float on through

Mile 7 Kill

Mile 8 me

Mile 9 now

Mile 10 I cried

Mile 11 Anger and frustration

Mile 12 My family found me on the course!  A renewed determination.

Mile 13 The finish line.  Collapse. 

IMG_4548

I finished my first 1/2 marathon this weekend.   I wasn’t going to.  I got that anxiety in my chest the day before telling me I had no choice.  I hadn’t trained in weeks.  I knew I wasn’t ready.  But I made it.  2 hours 23 minutes.   I had nothing left.  It was awful and I am so grateful I did it. And you better believe I am doing again, but I will do it prepared.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are over your negative emotions and realize that you DID do it and even though you were spent, you did it! I'm still a little pouty though about you beating me and I DID train. Great pic, I think it says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would do it again! Way to go! It was fun seeing you after the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU - Our next one is together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are SO PROUD of you!!! Give me a new knee ~ I will run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next one I am doing with you! I am so proud of you Lu, sorry we didn't quite make it to see you cross the finish line, but still so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete