He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, January 25, 2010

Picking up the pieces

I’m sure they wondered where their mom went. Or rather more importantly, who this monster was who has shaken up the day. 

Today was mom-has-lost-it-better-run-while-you-can day.  It’s been a while since she has reared her ugly little head.   I assume my poor children had gotten used to her absence since they all were crying when she blew her top.  Oh, I wasn’t even making sense!  I was yelling and going off on tangents that, as they spewed from my mouth I was inwardly shaking my head thinking how ridiculous I was being.  But I couldn’t stop the train.  I imagine it got started rolling long ago plugging along, until it got going way to fast as it sometimes does.

So, this evening I will clean up my wreck and get back on track.  To my children:  So sorry my little loves.  Sorry you had to be in the wreckage. Love you.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I was not the only one today. Back on track tomorrow....here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that. Sorry things are rough right now. If you need a minute, I'm right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules! You turned your comments back on! Hang in there! And also, I am the worst friend in the world, for not calling you on your birthday, waaay back in November! I'm sorry!
    You are a great mom and a great example and I love you!

    ReplyDelete