I know going without TV isn’t really in the category of sacrifice, but I still miss it.
It was rounding the middle of the night when I saw my husband swoosh past me pulling cords out of TV's and electronics as he went by. I was practicing playing Mario cart without the distraction of my child kicking my butt, and mentioning how much I suck at the game. My competitive nature needed to be able to beat that snotty little 7 year old.
He came through yanking at near all connections to modern technology, mumbling loudly at how much of a distraction- bad prioritizing- waste of time it was and that we needed to take break. All of my inner connections were screaming no! Gasp. But… my TiVo. But… my shows. But… my sanity. But… my babysitter. But… once I came to my senses I had to agree. We as a family spent way too much time in front of mindless entertainment.
It’s been a few weeks and I still have the urge to just plop down and stare, but we have definitely gotten more done around here, you know, priorities straightening out and all. Try it, you might surprise yourself.
(we did plug the wii back in the next week, my sanity can only handle so much)
Brave brave woman. Maybe someday, but I'm just not ready!
ReplyDeleteWe've been contemplating the same thing over here. Emphasis CONTEMPLATING. I'm sure if we do, I'll write a lengthy ode to the DVR... ;)
ReplyDelete