He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, January 8, 2010

Hike ‘em up

IMG_4489

I know it looks like we are walking through the land of desolation with a coyote trailing us, but in our town we call it hiking in the San Tans with our dog Flapjack.  Its about a mile from our house and we loved it.  Lainy started to complain that her legs hurt and could we please carry her about 30 seconds after we got out of the car. 

IMG_4495

IMG_4487

Jayce is quite the outdoorsman.  When we had gone about 45 minutes and were going to turn around to head back, he was ticked that we had not ‘been hiking’ yet.  What did he think we were doing out there?   So, Jason headed off trail and straight up the side of the mountain.  Jayce was happy.  I was not. 

IMG_4498

Pretty cool place though.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you have been busy! That is a fun hike, we went on Christmas Day. I love flapjack the "coyote" that is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what it looks like, "coyote"! Glad to see that comments are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have grown to like that nasty ol' desert just a smidge. I, too, am glad the comments are back on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love hiking out here when we have great weather like this. So fun!

    ReplyDelete