He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cellular Etiquette

We’ve all been there.   Behind that annoying person in front of you ordering food who can’t seem to get his order out because the guy on the other end of the phone convo says something funny.  Or the girl who is your cashier who you know isn’t supposed to be chattering away at work, scans all of your purchases, hands you your change, and you head out the door without so much as a word?  Today I had one such interaction, at church of all places.  Sitting in Gospel Doctrine class and the lady in the back row is taking a phone call!  She had cupped the phone and was doing her very best (ha!) to speak in muted tones, but I could head loud and clear the one on the other end!  I could swear our poor instructor had lost his train of thought, and I certainly wasn’t the only one who noticed.  C’mon people!  Unplug or you may find someone doing for you!

 

1 comment: