I have been blessed with a fantastic carpool taking Jayce to and from school. I drive to school every morning and I am done for the day! There are two high functioning autistic boys and since one of them has a muscular disorder I get the pleasure of chatting with him each morning as he can only get in and out of the front seat. This 10 year old boy has the most interesting brain. Most days I need a translator and often ask for a simpler version of his most recent invention. He has constructed whole buildings in his mind alone, and never a detail is missed. His current brain storm is the 'Calvinator' it (from what I can tell) is a car and has a motor to match it's title. I always try and ask questions to keep the conversation going and today asked
Me: So, what color will the Calvinator be?
C: Color?? Why would the color matter?
Me: I just wondered
C: Motor's don't care what color they are.
Oh. Of course they don't. Silly me. Just one more thing that is a natural difference between male and female. Color matters to us.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Coloring in the carpool lane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
he is such a crack up. I have had a similar conversation with him and always wondered how he goes to sleep at night with his brain going non stop.
ReplyDeleteHow funny. I remember when Ben was selling auto insurance and he would get so frustrated at female callers. He would ask what make or model the car was and they would more often than not reply...ummm I don't know or I'm not sure, its blue does that help... Groan!
ReplyDeleteYeah sometimes our brains work differently but I like to brag that I do know what kind of car I drive...