He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, September 8, 2008

Simplicity at it's best

Again with the Christlike Parenting book (by Dr Glenn Latham), if you haven't read it yet after all my plugs for it, it's time. Although if you read my blog regularly, eventually I am sure you will get all the info. I have decided this is a book I will read over and over in my lifetime. Today I was reading about prayer in parenting. He says "Prayerless Christlike parenting is an oxymoron." Makes sense right? It seemed to me as well, until I realized how little of my prayers seemed to be directed at becoming a better parent.
"You need more than your own wisdom in rearing your children. You need the help of the Lord. Pray for that help and follow the inspiration which you recieve."
-Pres. Hinckley
Again with simplicity of that statement. I have read this page several times this week and each time I read this comment by President Hinckley, I'm struck that he didn't say 'follow the inspiration if it comes, or pray and do what you think is best.' He said follow the inspiration which you receive. Though they seem the simplest lessons that we are taught repeatedly, they are often times the most important.

3 comments:

  1. Always the inspirational one. You are determined to make us all good parents, aren't you? Well, thanks, I definitely can use all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the parentin' stuff girl. Look at your cute mama self! It was good to get your comment! Looks like life has been good to you and your cute little family. You are gorgeous and I love your hair in the pic you and your hubby above your kids. Mine is to the middle of my back now if you would believe it. No more beauty school equals sherri with healthy hair!!! ;) Well I am so glad you found me through Kelyn! Take care hon. Sherri

    ReplyDelete