He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Jared


So I tried my hand at the fish cake. Seemed simple enough. It was.




Something was wrong with my camera setting for this one- officially this is Jared's first year blowing out candles or even having a cake! I can't remember exactly (since I didn't have a blog back then) but I think he was sick.





Grammy's toys were by far the favorites. This little bat is cut off in the picture, but really it's only a smidge longer than you see. My favorite part of this pic is Jayce in the background. He was delighted with all the new toys. Mom also bought him a toddler remote control car- it's got a big remote with one giant button on it. It's genius. Thanks mom!




Happy birthday Jared!

6 comments:

  1. That cake is awesome! When my kids were little, I always made their cakes, now I totally cop out and go to costco. I should try it again. I remember when you had him, can you believe I have been around that long???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE CAKE! You amaze me more and more everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the cake instructions. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM the cake was delish! And the kids had so much fun with those toys, Grammy and Poppy did well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool cake! He's has grown so fast. I can still picture him so tiny in his swing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you! You cute mommy makin fish cakes and blowin out candles! I am so glad you found me. It is so fun to see what is going on in your life!!

    ReplyDelete