I found my self waiting too long to get to where the stage is to set up chairs. We were supposed to perform in the chapel, but somehow ended up on the stage in the cultural hall. I am alone, unfolding chairs as fast as I can, and look behind me to realize the congregation has already been seated, and are patiently waiting and watching as I frantically set up chairs for the children to sit in. Heather, the primary president arrives! She is smiling and not at all stressed. She has forgotten the poster prompts. It begins, I am in the wrong seat. Someone hands me a beautifully iced double layered chocolate cake and a large spoon. They begin with a prayer, I look down to realize I am sliding the spoon across the side of the cake and then into my mouth and repeating the process. Shelli, the pianist is behind me and disrupts the prayer with her giggles making fun of the person in the congregation eating cake and has it all over their face. I suddenly remember I am eating cake too. And I'm in the wrong seat. As I get up to walk across the stage, cake in hand, Shelli has not finished what she began to tell me. I find my self swatting her away reminding her she is pianist and she is on. I find my seat only to find a highly attractive man whom I have never met, sitting there. He strikes up a conversation. They skipped my part in the program! The program is over. We never sang any songs! The kids never said their parts! I look at Heather and the unstressed smile previously plastered on her face has vanished. I woke up at this point, grateful for once it was morning.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, i almost died just now. That would have been awful!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I am so glad I read this before our program today. I will be able to look at you across the stage and laugh. And everytime I feel stressed I am going to think of this post to realize it could be worse.
ReplyDeleteOnce I read the part about the chocolate cake, I was hoping this was a dream. Or else you guys do primary programs waaay different in Arizona. I'm glad you got to wake up from that crazy program!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to analyze this for you. Obviously you are feeling overwhelmed and a little unprepared. You must feel like Heather either is Superwoman or doesn't care about any of it. The cake is, of course, the "solution to all stress". The handsome man, well, hmmmmm, I'm going to go with you need more of a social life and we should go out more often! How was that??? By the way, got any cake left?
ReplyDeleteLaurie is cracking me up.
ReplyDeleteOnce I hit the chocolate cake I realized this was a dream, very funny though. Laurie is too funny haha.
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha! Wow what a dream! We just got called to primary and I made Jake say our part by himself cause I revert to the twelve year old version of myself when it comes to speaking in church and freeze up. Thanks for the laughs!
ReplyDeleteSher
Too funny! I thought it went so well. I have to admit after the practice I was a little nervous, but it went great!
ReplyDeleteLucky you to have your program done... we practiced for the first time last Sunday... chaos! It became one of those Sunday's when I wonder what I am doing in my calling... I am sure it will all work out though... I hope..
ReplyDeleteI want to invite you to Triston's baptism... I don't have your email to send you the evite!
That was hilarious! Love your blog by the way. We will totally have to get together sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete