He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Balancing act

When life's business starts, blogging comes to a halt. I have been feeling a bit... lacking in certain areas of my life as of late. Motherhood topping that list. It seems as though when you add too many things to your palate of 'doings' instead of succeeding in all of them, they each seem to sag just a bit. Balance is the word I am looking for. A client recently asked me a thought provoking question about raising a daughter. She asked more or less how to teach a girl how to want to be self sufficient and support herself, but not take away from the desire to be a mother. Balance was all I told her. How can you teach balance without having learned it myself? I love being able to work, and feeling like I can tangibly see my efforts paying off. But I don't love it as much as I love my children. Work was creeping up and trying to overtake first place on my priority list. So, thank you to that client who unknowingly helped me start to get things back in balance and remind me of what needs to be tipping the scales and what should not be weighing me down.

1 comment:

  1. Very well spoken....thanks Lu. I too had a motherhood blog post started and just couldn't seem to put my finger on where to go with it and how to address how things have been flowing these days - this was perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete