He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So long, Farewell.

I have never been a fan of dragging stuffed animals, or blankies around the house and trying to pry them from screaming hands so we can go to church or the store.  Somehow it happened with this one.  This vibrant pink and yellow worm grabbed as a last minute gift from Walmart has been attached to Lainy's side for 3 years and today Lainy said goodbye to her 'wormy'.  She cried.  I cried with her.   I knew that even though it was a stinky faded unrecognizable, half stuffed piece of fabric now, that she loved it and she was going to miss it.  I'm not such a mean mom that I would just take it away from her, it was in it's typical once a week wash cycle, it exploded. 

So, goodbye wormy, and thanks for the memories. 

HPIM0248 DSCI0057 DSCI0001

4 comments:

  1. ugh. That is not fun to do. Let's see what she finds to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. At least it wasn't YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o thank goodness! That thing was nasty haha. I am sure it was very sad though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 5 year old who still won't give up the silkie. Count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete