He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, February 27, 2009

BFF

I never want to forget what great friends these two are.  Jared came flying around the corner in Lainy's Jammies and I stopped in short and for a minute realizing it was Jared in front of me and not that Lainy had just cut off all her hair.                (Which she did last week, thankfully only a few in the front and she is getting better at blending)   

IMG_2617_edited

Jason later mentioned that Lainy and Jared were having a 'fashion show' trying on all of Lainy's clothes.  They have fun no matter what they are doing.  And a quarrel lasts only a moment (usually) since they go something like this:  Jared screaming for the giant exercise ball and Lainy sitting atop it calmly responding "Now let's sit and talk about this, I am sure we can work something out."  But they also create enough mischief together to shave a few years off my life.  This week:

  • Requiring the need for a replacement head on my electric toothbrush when I heard them laughing while running behind my poor dog trying to 'get him on the butt'. 
  • Making 'soup' with cups of water and toothpaste and stirring with toothbrushes. 
  • Bathtub covered in mango lip gloss.  At least they got some on their lips...

                    IMG_2613

  • Strawberries and sugar: Take a bite and chuck it across the room.  Swish and toss sugar until mom walks in screaming. 

I think my lists are getting shorter...  silver lining right?

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, you got your hands full. I love your posts. I love reading your blog. Even though the only one i've really met is Jayce, i feel like i know your other kids just through your blog. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "at least she is getting better at blending" that is my favorite line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are the cutest! I keep going back to "become as a little child" because the examples are endless.

    ReplyDelete