London was the daughter of a local family here battling cancer and the charity has continued for a few years since her passing, benefiting other children and their families in similar situations. The race went well, the weather was chilly, but after the race began was perfect. I beat my previous time by 3 minutes finishing in 58 minutes. Running the first two miles is the toughest for me, while my body adjusts to the pace. The hype up time and the anticipation fades about the 3rd mile... into why why why am I doing this AGAIN? Then by mile 5, exhaustion has made you delirious enough to think you need to push a little harder since you're almost done and the faster you get there the faster you finish. Having friends train and run with you is where the joy is for me. Although each time I have run that last stretch before crossing the finish line seems to make it all worth it too. My mom surprised me at the finish line, I hadn't realized until then how wonderful it is to have someone cheering you on as you come in. Thanks mom! Mom snapped a couple pictures, and here is one as I am headed down the last stretch. Two more weeks to rest up and run on Valentine's day for a charity benefiting a family in our old ward who has conjoined twins that share a heart and liver.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you look amazing. I am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteThat's not the picture I was hoping to see..lol! You're awesome, someday I'm gonna reach your time.
ReplyDeleteYou do look amazing Lu. And I am training these next couple weeks so I can run with you on valentines day!
ReplyDeleteYou're so inspiring, Jules! Someday, we;ll have to run a race together.
ReplyDeleteUm, I don't know if we can be friends anymore. ;)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!
Great job! It was fun to see you there!
ReplyDeleteI really need to run with you! Great job Lu!
ReplyDeleteLook at you! Running Rock star Mama! I am so impressed...
ReplyDelete