He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jill came tumbling after

When we decided on and drew up the plans for this house, I was very specific about a few things: A bar in the kitchen, a full front porch, a detached garage and a Jack and Jill bathroom for my kids rooms.  Well, we hardly use the bar, the front porch isn't used for all the nights I envisioned relaxing on the porch swing, and the detached garage is a bit of a pain not being attached to the house.   I had high hopes for the bathroom.  I pictured the kids taking turns in front of the mirror, one in the shower while the other got their hair done...   and mostly I had hopes that on the nights when one was scared, they would love being able to just sneak through the bathroom and crawl into bed and find comfort with a sibling.  Last night Lainy crawled into bed with me like she does on so many nights, and shortly thereafter headed back to her own bed after the confines between mom and dad was too much.   Shortly after that around 4 AM Jared started to cry in his room.   Sweet Lainy snuck through the bathroom, just like I planned and led Jared back through into her bed and they snuggled in.  I  smiled and peacefully went back to sleep. Until 15 minutes later at 4:15 AM I heard squeals of laughter.   Sooo not  what I had pictured.   IMG_2361

5 comments:

  1. Your house and kids are very cute. I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny - just think of the great memories they are making!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your kids snuggle together that is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah, two kids in the bed together after mostly a full nights sleep, nothing but noise! Still sweet though. Lainy is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I saw your comment on the Bailey twins blog and wanted to see who was in the same ward as them. I knew that I would probably know you since we lived in the same ward also. So to my surprise I have found your blog.
    I don't know if you remember me but I do remember your family in the ward. My family & I have moved to Utah now. We still own our house in Johnson Ranch but we do have renters.
    So, just wanted to peek and say hello.
    I hope you are doing well and keep trying to make those memories in your house. Go sit outside more. Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete