Breakfast conversation this morning with Jayce...
J Hey mom, I know what's on the back of a nickel. It's a white temple.
M No, it's the 'White House'. Who lives there?
J Oh, I know. Joseph Smith.
M Umm, no. The president of the United States. Do you know his name?
J George Washington.
M Well yes, he was the first president of the US. And George Bush was our president until recently. But we have a new president now. His name is (gulp) Barack Obama.
J WHAT?
Yeah, that was my first reaction too.
Ditto, Sista!
ReplyDeleteThat is just awesome. You know you're doing a good job when your kids think the temple is so important they put on money, and that the Prophet runs the free world.
ReplyDeleteI love Jayce!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good boy! He knows where it's at!
ReplyDeleteGULP is right.
ReplyDeleteI remember making the opposite mistake when I was younger....I said that George Bush was the prophet....whoops. I like Jayce's answers better!
ReplyDelete