He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shove a love

Lainy has a 'wormy' who has been in her arms each night since we can remember and numerous times I have tried to replace it with something I think would be better suited.  Frustration usually sets in when she refuses the new clean toy.   A black trash bag full of miscellaneous toys from our childhood sat in my mom's hallway for a few weeks waiting for owners to claim their memories.  I did NOT want anymore random stuffed animals roaming my house.   Lainy came home with a stuffed duck.  Out of ALL the toys in there you attached to a duck??   I felt a parallel coming on...  

So many times I have tried to 'make' friends.   Laurie told me once while we were talking about traditions not to become closed minded about new traditions that aren't planned,  sometimes the ones that you run into are the best and most loved.  I realize that life can't always be planned by us, formatted, calculated and organized.  We need to learn to live it and allow life to run into us sometimes. 

I have run into many incredible friends.  Each time I move I vow to make friends as soon as possible.  And each time, it takes a lot more time than I planned.  Many of you are blog stalkers and if you think you might be one of whom I am speaking of, there's a good chance you are.   So to you I say thank you.   For drying a tear, jogging a lap or two, lending an ear, and a babysitter, for smiles, laughter, date night company, trust, for needed criticism, advice, and love.   Thanks for being my ducks.  

(sisters included!)

3 comments:

  1. You are a gifted writer. I've said it before, but I love your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shy by nature so it takes me longer to get to know others. Friends are important and needed to help us get through this journey. Thanks for being a friend!

    ReplyDelete