Who Knew By PINK
You took my hand You showed me how
You promised me you'd be around
Uh huh That's right
I took your words And I believed
In everything You said to me
Yeah huh That's right
If someone said three years from now
You'd be long gone I'd stand up and punch them out
Cause they're all wrong I know better
Cause you said forever And ever
Who knew
Remember when we were such fools
And so convinced and just too cool
Oh no No no
I wish I could touch you again
I wish I could still call you friend
I'd give anything
When someone said count your blessings now
'fore they're long gone I guess I just didn't know how
I was all wrong They knew better
Still you said forever And ever
Who knew
Yeah yeah
I'll keep you locked in my head
Until we meet again
And I won't forget you my friend What happened
If someone said three years from now You'd be long gone
I'd stand up and punch them out Cause they're all wrong and That last kiss I'll cherish Until we meet again
And time makes It harder I wish I could remember
But I keep Your memory You visit me in my sleep
Our children listen to us, even when they don't seem to be. This song was on the radio today and Lainy was just sitting quietly in her seat, and halfway through the song said "Mom? She is sad because her friend died huh?" Our children hear things we don't ask them to listen to. They see us when we sit and pray on our own. What books we choose to read and enjoy. When I see some of the local leaders of our church and the spiritual giants they are, I want so badly to someday attain that closeness they have to the Savior. I often wonder what they read in their spare time. What they listen to during their commute. It comes back to what is good, better and best. Pink is good, but not the best. Ü I really like her spunk and wildness, but I have to remind myself that those are not the things I need to fill the majority of my time with. A splash of pink (at least the clean versions) is sometimes what we need.
I'm not very good at it yet, but I know when I fill my life with the best things, even though my trials don't go away, they are somehow rounded out and easier to overcome.
I love that song by Pink, it is on my ipod. Kids are always watching always listening. Scary huh?
ReplyDeleteI need a splash of Pink as well. But you are oh-so-right about the good better best. Pres Richardson is such a great example. I don't even know what he does..lol..but you can tell it's good stuff!
ReplyDelete