Can I tell you how much I despise the dentist? And I hate the terminology even more. Decay. cavity. root canal. Seriously? They make it sound like you are dying! Ok, ok so I haven't done my part in making it in for my regular checkups. But 9 cavities!!! And a possible root canal. Oh and I have this tooth I had fixed years ago when I was a teen, and yes of course it's breaking apart! When I walked into that brand new spotless dentist office I was smiling and happy. By the time I left, I didn't want to smile for fear something might fall out.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trevor was in the same predicament about a month ago. The bill that came after wasn't helping his morale either:)
ReplyDeleteI have to go and I am fearing the same thing. 9 cavaties seems like alot are you sure they checked correctly.
ReplyDeleteYikes! That is no fun! When we were little my brother James had to have 11 cavities filled. I couldn't believe his little mouth could hold all that amalgam (another dirty dental word) or whatever they used that long ago. Good luck with the fillings and with hopefully not having a root canal!
ReplyDeleteI love my dentist. Even when he gives me bad news it's really hard to be mad at him. He's the nicest man around. You should give him a try.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I think you're related to him!
ReplyDeleteOh yucko! That is no fun. I think I have the same thing coming to me soon too. I should have gone to the dentist a while ago, I think I might need a root canal too, oooo no fun!
ReplyDeleteYikes - I hope you have dental insurance! The funny thing is, Ava can't WAIT to go to the dentist. Hmmm...that' probably because she's never been. Ah, to be a kid and not have bad feelings toward the dentist. I'm sending good vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteOk I haven't been to the dentist since I was pregnant with Nika. I attribute it to moving and not knowing who a good dentist is but really it is I am afraid of them. Like you said you never get Good News at a Dentist. Now I want to go even less..... thanks!
ReplyDelete