He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ye are the Salt of the Earth


And this was how it began. My first meeting in months without distractions. She began with this statement that we are all the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13) And then asked why. Hmmm. And came the answer; salt adds flavor. It makes things better. We add flavor, We make things better. It was a stake auxillery training meeting and it was much needed. I can't say it was the most inspirational or spiritual charged meeting I have ever been to- but I needed it. Sometimes I forget, being a mother of 3 small children, and being in the primary room each week, what it feels like to be edified! I love my calling, and I learn more from those kids (and Heather and Teri) and from teaching the lessons, than I probably would sitting through Relief Society or Sunday school, but I needed an adult meeting. Ü So, I began feeling like I can make things better! Great start! I was some of the salt of this earth and I needed to share my aroma. There was so much info I can't even begin to make a dent. So, I will move onto the topic of the Primary breakout; "Simplicity- you can do it" ha! So many think primary is simple. Keeping it simple involves inspiration! I tend to rely more on copycatting than inspiration. I am all about utilizing others' already prefected sharing time ideas! It was a great meeting, I am never dissapointed with thier grand ideas and I always come home excited about teaching the kids something I have learned. Which is what it is all about! Making things 'taste' better!

3 comments:

  1. I love working with you in primary you add spice to my life. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meeting was a little rough for me. Maybe I just need to learn to put salt on the frustrating moments, too. You always have awesome sharing times...they always add a great flavor to primary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever done an original sharing time but I am a good follower of original ideas. The kids don't know any different and really that is why we have great Primary websites to "borrow" from!

    ReplyDelete