He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, April 11, 2008

So cheek to cheek...

and jaw to jaw, we'd sip some ciiider through a straw.
A favorite girls camp song of mine. And when I found my boys 'sipping' water together through silly straws (a very fun gift from Gramma gett's sister!!) I had to make it a photo-op. These two are about 4 years apart in age and couldn't be closer in friendship. Jayce naturally takes on a patient role (which is obsolete in his relationship with Lainy) and makes sure Jared is safe and gets what he needs. And Jared likewise trusts Jayce (a quality lacking in his relationship with Lainy) But what I don't find with these two is much alone time.


I should clarify. Lainy is not the common enemy here. Jayce just doesn't have much patience with her, and Jared rightfully doesn't trust her! I wouldn't trust a 3 year old with my life either if I was jumping off the couch waiting for someone to catch me.

7 comments:

  1. so you just need to have another girl to even things out, Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I'm sure Jayce is a great big brother to both of them, and I like that he and Jared will be close despite the age gap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's the kind of picture I was hoping for the other day. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that they're little buddies! Lucky mama...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute! We were looking at pictures today and we found quite a few from when Jayce was...oh, maybe two or three and Alyson said, "That's how I remembers Jayce Mom!" It is sad that we are so far away, but wonderful that we can still be so close! Love you Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I neve got to comment on this because you called me before I got the chance haha. But I love love love this shot! It is such a sweet picture. You have such beautiful kids Lu. Maybe you should make another one! haha

    ReplyDelete