He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, April 18, 2008

Some mom's have all the luck


This was how lunchtime started. That'll teach me to leave a 1 year old alone with a table full of food. He was actually licking it off the table. After clean up and setting them up in front of cartoons, I deemed myself worthy of a quiet lunch.
(Silver Lining: Jayce still does the dishes. Dirty shoes on counter aside)





I made myself a sandwich (with the last of the ham and last 2 slices of bread) and a glass of red koolaid. (I know you are weary of the koolaid, as was I) Jayce couldn't reach the video game he wanted and after I had already given the 'Just give me 15 minutes alone to quietly eat my lunch' speech I went to the next room to retrieve the game. Much to my irritation upon my return, my lunch was being eaten. Flapjack. Finishing off my half eaten last-of-the-ham-and-bread sandwich and chips!! So I quickly 'disiplined' him and very 'gently' threw him outside, I came back in to survey the damage. Alas! He has left me something! It was.... a tooth. Gross. You see, he has so graciously been leaving these gifts of the mouth all over my house. In fact, I found one in Jared's mouth last week. No visual aids on this people, I had to retrieve it before I could grab the camera.

9 comments:

  1. Jared is so funny! What I would give to have my son climb on the table and lick the food until it was gone!! And the whole tooth thing...in Jared's mouth...that about made me sick! Dogs are not gross to me, but eating their lost teeth does not sound the greatest. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lunch, who's thinking about your messy lunch with those cool treys your kids get to eat on. You can tell me where you got them later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the outside, I'm thinking "how sweet!" But I know from the insided you probably weren't. I call those "laughable" days when it was so crazy or aggravating that the only thing left to do is laugh and let it go. AND I think it's great that you were calm enough to take the picture first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was a typical day for Julia and it is fun! Who wants boring! I love the picture of Jayce doing the dishes with Jared in the background. Hmmm - where is Lainy? Usually if she is not spotted there is trouble! But..she may have been sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Julia your kids are so funny, I am sorry you lost your lunch though! And Mom poses a good question, where is Lainy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love puppy's and teething... in Jarod's mouth though...ewwww.
    I once had my cat steal the lunch meat out of my sandwich. I know your pain...
    One of these days our lunches will be quiet and boring and we will be wishing for these days of fun chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to laugh from the outside looking in, but I don't think I would have handled it so well if it were me :) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll have to send me a copy of your "I just need 15 minutes alone" speech. I need to brush up on that one.

    ReplyDelete