He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Go Green


Are you green? I am. But only because I associate irritation with the color green. Now don't get me wrong, I am all for bettering ourselves and where we live. But seriously, we have been damaging this earth a heck of a lot longer than the small amount of time this 70's rehash will last. I think I am most annoyed at the celebrity involvement. It's as if it's something new they can stamp thier name on. And sadly, it's probably the only way the world will respond and listen to the message. On a posative note, I think there are truly some amazing people out there doing phenominal things for the earth. But c'mon, pushing 'earth friendly' candles on Oprah? Everyone wants a piece. I bought 5 reusable grocery bags yesterday and talk about convienent! They don't fall over in your car, and make that loud plastic noise, and you can fit way more food in each one so you don't have to bring 20 bags into the house, AND it's helping the environment! I don't know much about the guy, but I just learned today that Al Gore recieved the Noble Peace prize! Sounds a little far fetched. Maybe I'm wrong. Is everyone just stoned again?



Disclaimer: This was not intended to offend, outrage, or provoke anyone. It is purely the observation of a stay at home mom.

6 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! I couldn't agree more. I'm sooooo tired of hearing "go green". And yes, the Al Gore thing is a joke. So glad to hear someone think like me, most people want to stay PC and just agree with everything, way to go Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the biggest joke to Thayne and I. My kids come home from school and say they are learning about global warming, so we tell them to go tell their teachers we don't believe in that and if they want to teach it in school than they can teach Jesus too. I could go on and on forever on this but I won't, but I agree with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on, Jules! This is such a joke to me, and the fact that Al Gore got the Nobel for such a lame piece of propaganda as "An Inconvenient Truth" is one of the embarrassments of the modern age. What is wrong with people?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *laugh* "Going green" is the most irritating statement for Ben. He can not handle it... so I told him it is not going green...it is "getting green" just like you say everyone has a finger in that pie....

    ReplyDelete