He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Detachment Bliss

Yesterday was my Lainybugs first day of preschool. What a difference having a child that jumps out of the car, waves good bye and heads in the door with out a glance back. (I would prefer a little glance, and maybe an extra hug) but the kid has been like this since the day she was born. I actually tried to see if there was someone she wouldn't go to as a baby and toddler. I never found one. She readily jumped into any waiting arms. She has become more hesitant in the last year, but has kept her confident attitude. Love you Lainy!

5 comments:

  1. cute picture. I can see her just saying "see ya" and hoping out of the car. How did the first day go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preschool! I am sure you are loving the alone time with Jared. Lainy is such a happy go lucky kid - Andrew goes to anyone like she does...not if only they would go to eachother like that, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little girl! She's so fun. You never know what might come out of that little mouth of hers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww preschool! I know what you mean about wanting them to want you or need you a bit more... Nika starts next Tuesday and I know she will be the same way... see ya mom... don't ever pick me up!
    Anyhow lets plan a get together... I am all for visiting you guys out there in QC. Just tell me when!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this one....she is so cute and always entertaining to talk to! I love you Lainy!

    ReplyDelete