After dinner was finished and the dishes were being cleared, on popped the radio as it does some days. A squeal flew from my mouth as one of my favorite 80's dancing songs came on. Everyone came to inspect the reason behind the sudden noise. Mom was dancing! (Mom's always dancing, this was nothing new) but tonight it was a family affair. We laughed easily and had smiles all around. Jayce showed a natural talent in taking Lainy as his partner and swinging her from side to side and then surprised us (and her!) with a swift spin and dip! 5 or 6 songs later mom and dad peetered out, but the kids are still dancing away! A simple and spontaneous family home evening! I love the laughter of happy children.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All that and you didn't say what song it was! That sounds like so much fun - I need to do more dancing with my boys!!! What a fun FHE. I am sure Andrew would have rather been at your house than mine for FHE. lol
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Your kids will remember that for a long time. They'd have probably hated it if you had planned it. You're awesome! I can't see Jason doin' a jig for some reason.
ReplyDeleteI love a family dance!
ReplyDeleteya what was the song.
ReplyDeleteWe are all about the family dance... but I want to know... how do you get your husband to join in?
ReplyDelete