My little doggie 'Flapjack' is never without a toy to chew on or bat around. Some days I wonder is he isn't just a hybrid in dog species, but possibly part kitty. His favorite sleeping grounds are on the top of the couch cushions, much like a cat would perch. He brought me a bird and so carefully left it on the mat on the porch.
Last weekend I was doing hair and the kids ran in breathless and excited and could hardly get the words from thier mouths without bursting at the seams. Each took turns filling in words where the other had missed. "Mom! Flapjack... outside... dad... bucket... And dad said we can keep it!!" I soon found out the dog was caught playing patty cake with a terrified gopher. I am not sure how he caught or kept it within his playing field, but Jason managed to get it into a bucket. Of course the kids were thrilled when dad said they could keep it. For an hour, I said. I later found Jason in his closet twidling with his paintball gun.
No target practice, I said.
Of course he was only making sure it was working. He would never do that (his words). A few minutes later, it was gone from the bucket.
Jayce casually mentioned later that 'Did I see what dad did with the bucket?'
He made a motion much like you would of you were throwing water from a bucket onto a fire.
Tell your friends Gopher.
Does he not look like a coyote?

Oh my....that is just sad...
ReplyDeleteyuka luka. I am so tired of gophers. I am glad they caught it.
ReplyDeleteOh he totally looks like a coyote! Thats funny. Oh but the story is sad. Did it die?
ReplyDeleteHaha!!! Nice, I can picture Jason with a sly smile while he carefully inspected the paintball gun. I miss Flapjack! He is a great fromg hunter too.
ReplyDeleteNice... I love the paintball part.. That dog is a cute little wild haired thing...
ReplyDelete