And a peaceful one at that! I geared myself up for an emotional morning, such as the one I experienced last year. He is growing up. My Jayce is learning to control his temper and keep his flying limbs inside the cart at all times. He is joyful and happy in the morning and even has a hop in his step when he walks in the door after school!!
We had family pictures done last weekend and Jayce had a hard time being natural leaning against the rock like his cousins did so comfortably, so when I told him we were taking pictures for the first day of school he wanted to find a good spot to 'lean' on.
This was his first year getting to eat lunch at school and is learning by trial and error. He has always been a bit pokey about eating and mentioned that he has a 'fast' lunch time. Today he didn't get a chance to finish his pudding and wanted to save it for later... in AZ that makes for some very messy chocolate soup.

Oh his legs look SO long! I can't believe big he has gotten so fast. I am so glad he is doing so well in school - maybe he will even learn to love it!
ReplyDeleteSo glad it went well, I remember last year. I would NEVER send chocolate pudding with my kids. I can't even imagine what I would pick them up looking like. You're brave!
ReplyDeletehurray! 1st grade, that means all day school for you. So glad to hear it went well. He looks so grown up in his picture.
ReplyDeleteHe does look so old and I just saw him. He is a cute kid with such a kind heart.
ReplyDeleteLove his cute smile and pose:)
ReplyDeleteHow cute! Big first grader!
ReplyDeleteI remember when Triston brought home a carton of milk that he had saved from breakfast. Our first lesson in the necessity of refrigeration.
Yeah for the 'first day of school' pictures!!! Jayce - I just love you!!!
ReplyDeleteHi,me again,
ReplyDeleteYou have been tagged. Go to my blog to see what to do.