He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, July 14, 2008

The best things in life are free

After spending 15 minutes in the 'hair chair' my masterpiece for the day was finished. Lainy was not convinced. Her hair was 'too tight' and the phrase 'I hate it' was used loosely. She cried and complained just long enough for me to lose my patience as I hoisted her back up in the hair chair and proceeded to yank and cut out the carefully placed bands, until it was a mess and pointedly said 'See? Now it's ugly.' She practically leap from the chair and ran to show Jayce.
I heard a cheery voice sing " Jayce! Look at my hair! It's sooo ugly!" And then, "THANKS MOM!"
Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. I wish you had before and after pictures of this! Reminds me of the pain I was for mom when she would do my hair and it wasn't "just right" I was a nasty little thing! Sorry mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I have lived this. I forced Lauren to have a 'fancy' hair do on Sunday and she told me how much she hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. Let's cross our fingers that she won't be one of those goth teenagers who loves ugly clothes/hair/makeup just for the attention. Atleast she was grateful for your efforts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it, sometimes it's just not worth the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lainy is so cute! Would love to see pictures of the before and after:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just hate that! I think Anja was three and I had put her hair up in a bun. She went hysterical crying saying it was ugly and she didn't want her hair that way. WOW! I was totally taken back but I took her hair out and I learned buns are now out...whew!

    ReplyDelete