You know you have lived in AZ long enough to be given an honerary native stamp when your husband brings this baby to you in a bucket and your response is "whoa, cool." This is by far the largest scorpian we have found yet. We had a nice rain storm last night and I imagine he was seeking shelter on my front porch. Thankfully he had already gotten into the poison and is nearly dead. Although I picked a card I don't need anytime soon, I wasn't going to chance him using his last breath to sting me while I retrieved it.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Honorary Native
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it must be the storm because I found one today too. I even picked this one up with a napkin because I thought it was dead. I was wrong but did not get stung. Yours looks much bigger than mine.
ReplyDeleteYuck. One of the things I do not miss living out there. I still would have freaked no matter how long I have lived here.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen one in quite a while. They always look better dead. My favorites is boiling them in the mcirowave:) So fun to catch up on your family happenings! You always have the cutest stories about your kids! Happy late bday Jayce!
ReplyDeleteYikes! No more bare feet around the house for you young lady.
ReplyDeleteI will take banana slugs any day over that monster!
ReplyDeleteNasty!! So glad I don't have to worry about those monster!!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure that's not an alligator??? Gross!
ReplyDeleteNice one...
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere that spraying poison on them is iffy because they can hold their breath a long time.. Last one we had we drowned it in poison, that seemed to work well..*laugh*