He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Snow day

My kids had never seen the snow before so when our friends asked us to join them this week for a day in the cold, we took them up on that offer!  I spent all week hunting down snow clothes so my kids would bundled up in snow gear head to toe.   A beautiful 55ish degree day and most of the snow gear was forgotten.   We brought pool toys and trash can lids to sled on and the pool toys turned out to be some of the best there!  

IMG_2295

Jayce LOVED it.   I can safely assume if we ever moved to a colder climate he would be happy. 

IMG_2345

Lainy was in 'like' with the snow.  Not a huge fan of the flying down hills, but didn't complain.  As long as she had Bo and Katy she was good. 

   IMG_2321

Brooklyn and Jayce got in on the snowball fight...

IMG_2311

Jayce got a little carried away on the size of the snowballs.

IMG_2310

Jared went down the hills with dad like a pro, but never turned down any snuggle time. 

IMG_2344 

Shell and Rich joined us and took some turns 'flying' on the pool tubes.   Where most sleds stopped at the bottom of the hill,  these babies would take far past and into the crowds!

IMG_2315

Nice hat Jason.  Again, the pool raft,  one of the fav's since you could get a few people on them and they picked up some serious speed. 

IMG_2296

Doughnuts and hot cocoa was the food of choice for the ride home.  Made for some very happy (and hyper) children.

IMG_2350

Great first experience with the snow I would say!

IMG_2347

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a BLAST!!!! We will have to join you another time. And I never would have thought of pool toys as sleds - great idea...and only in AZ! lol I see you tried out the live writer - do you love it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. We have every intention of going if we all could be well at the same time. It might be 2010 before that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! I love that we can go to the snow when we want and not have to live in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time! I love that we can go to the snow when we want and not have to live in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it was a hit! We'll have to make it a tradition. I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok that looks like a blast. I love the picture of you and Jared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow day looked like lots of fun .. why are you Lulu?

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha Lulu, its so natural to hear that now that I don't even think twice about it that it might sound funny to others. This trip was a blast. I am glad we went.

    ReplyDelete